The way things are going around the world these days, there’s not a whole lot to celebrate. And as the seasons change—spring in the Northern hemisphere and autumn in the Southern—I’d like to share some good news with my fellow-citizens of our beloved Second Life.
Okay, okay, I have a confession. While the model feature is a hot guy, I’m going to say this is also a unisex style, as you can see as I’m modeling it below:
Here I’m modeling one of the 16 colors that come in this kit, which sells for L$250 at retail. However, be sure you’re wearing your A&A group tag to get it for L$125. You can also buy it in Black/Blue for $50 from the Special Offers board.
Not only is the style Killer, but it’s also wild and untamed, the way I’d like my man to be (if I were into men—which I’m not).
I’m glad this style is only available in SL, because can you imagine the amount of crème rinse you’d have to use on it after a shampoo? The mind boggles!
But shampooed or not, I think it’s a wildly attractive, killer style.
Once again, Killer Hair 16 colors, $250/$125 discount. Black/Blue $50 Special Offer OOPS! Nearly forgot! You can get it in Fire for free at the front desk.
“It,” of course, is the latest upgrade to the Maitreya Lara body. the latest version of which is 5.0.2. In this post, I’m going to tell you everything I like about it, as well as what I don’t like about it.
What I Don’t Like About It
That’s easy: nothing. Absolutely nothing at all. So let’s move on, shall we?
What I Do Like About It
Wow! Where do I begin? Remember in previous versions how you had to add an alpha layer, then the body, then the arms and legs, etc. until you were finally wearing the complete body? That’s changed.
Now you add the alpha layer, and then the body. That’s it. You’re done. Everything else—clothes, tattoos, underwear, lingerie—all have their own layers. And unless you want to wear a tattoo, there’s no need to wear the layer, thus reducing your display weight.
Your skin tones are controlled through a new HUD, as are foot positions, fingernail settings, etc.
Another Something Great
Save sticks. No more worries about saving a particular outfit to, well, the Outfits folder. Find the Maitreya Mesh Body – Save Stick V5.0.1 (rez to rename) in the main Maitreya folder, drag it to the ground and edit the name to something easy to remember that has the name of whatever out fit you’re currently wearing, and take it back into your inventory.
Let’s say I’m wearing a yellow bikini. I’ll follow the steps above, renaming it “Yellow Bikini.” Then I’ll take it back into my inventory. The next step is to ADD it, then click on it:
(The arrow indicates the Save Stick.) Now all I have to do is click on the SAVE ALL button and wait for the process to complete. Then I’ll detach it, and it will return into my inventory.
The next time I want to wear that outfit again, I simply ADD the stick, touch it, and click the Load All button.
Best of all, the complete outfit only takes up a single prim (the Save Stick) in my inventory, as opposed to how many items in that outfit would take up the old way of saving it to the Outfits folder. Oh, and you can have as many save sticks as you need, since it’s copy-able.
Well, not exactly a new body. More of an update/upgrade of the existing one.
Maitreya has upgraded their Lara mesh body from Version 4.5 to Version 5, and it’s resulted in many changes. So many, in fact, that if you’re going to upgrade from 4.5, forget everything you know from that version; 5.o is radically different. Here’s what the official accompanying documentation says:
MAITREYA MESH BODY LARA
Thank you for choosing the Lara mesh body!
The Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara v5.0 is very versatile with many features to help you create your perfect version of “You”
To get the most from your new mesh body, it is highly recommended that you refer to the online documentation for the body.
You can find the documentation here https://sl-maitreya.blogspot.com/p/lara-mesh-body-v5.html
Or in your Lara HUD, in the Misc. tab, just touch HELP/INFO then click the link in the popup menu.
In addition to the online documentation, we are available in world to answer your questions (Contact: Gryphon Ronas) or use the Maitreya Lara Friends group chat.
Gryphon, Marine, Beau, Onyx
Included in the Lara mesh body folder:
– Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara (Version Number)
– Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara (Version Number) Tattoo Layer
– Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara (Version Number) Underwear Layer
– Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara (Version Number) Clothing Layer
– Maitreya Mesh Body – HUD (Version Number)
– Maitreya Mesh Body – BoM Add-On Parts
– Maitreya Mesh Body – BoM Add-On Parts HUD
– Maitreya Mesh Body – Save Stick
– erratic / lara – panty / FATPACK (maitreya)
– erratic / lara – brassiere / FATPACK (maitreya)
– erratic / lara – lingerie set HUD
– Maitreya Mesh Body Lara – Tattoo Layers Skins Glam Affair
– Zaara : Chanchal Lingerie onyx – Maitreya appliers
– Zaara : Chanchal Lingerie System Layers onyx
– Maitreya Tip-Toe FeetShape
– Maitreya Mesh Body – Alpha
The whole idea behind separating the design into multiple layers is to cut down on complexity.
Again, let’s refer to the upgrade notes:
What is added to Lara in V5:
* Two new nipple shapes: hard nipples and puffy.
* Two new foot options: low (for kitten heels) and ballet.
* And the added the ability to have a different foot shape for left and right side.
* Optional HD nipples, highly detailed, ultra realistic textures in 30 skin tones. * 3 material presets on the HUD for the HD Nipples, that can be controlled with the new enhanced materials control sliders.
* 12 new (Glam Affair) skin tones, making a total of 22 skin presets.
* Tattoo (system) layers for the 22 skin tones, to wear in BoM mode.
* Three skin material preset buttons on the HUD
* Three control sliders for the materials settings: Glossiness, intensity and environment.
* The skin materials will also work in BoM mode!
* Bakes on Mesh (BoM) button on the Lara HUD
* BoM add-on parts HUD you can toggle the following parts:
* Layers are separated from the body
* Ability to wear a tattoo on just one arm, hand or foot. 17 different parts on a layer to apply to.
* Rename-able Save Stick to replace save slots
– Additional alpha cuts added to wrists
– Additional alpha cuts added to ankles
* Advanced Functions button added to the Layers and the Skin tabs:
– Full Bright
– Tinting options and a tint reset button
– Material control sliders
* A Misc tab added:
– Redeliver button added
– TP to Store button added
– Delete Scripts redesigned
– Reset to Default button added
– Help/Info button added (Online User Manual)
Ability to apply Materials without applying diffuse (applier kit)
Applier kit to allow for 3rd party HD Nipple Textures
Foot Shape Auto-Select option for shoe designers
Alpha Auto-Hide has been re-designed for improved performance and can now:
be altered by user, even in No Mod items
be deleted by user, even in No Mod items
Optional parameters added to layers kit:
Applying and removing of textures when applier gets attached/detached (RLV friendly)
Updated Zaara texture (applier) lingerie and system layers for BoM are now also included
* Erratic (panties and bra) lingerie set
– Applying a V1 Applier script: fingernail polish would hide the toe nails = Fixed
– Some V4 appliers did not apply to the hands and/or feet (this came from how their notecards were written) = Fixed
– Some older appliers did not apply correctly (bottom would vanish when applying the top and vice-versa) = Fixed
– Some Omega skins did not apply to the hands and/or feet = Fixed
– Neck would not re-appear after hiding all, on alpha hud page = Fixed
– HUD buttons have been made larger for better readability
Sounds confusing, I know! But here’s the only thing you truly need to know about this upgrade:
Go to the Maitreya store
Find the Redelivery Terminal
Click on it for a redelivery
Follow the instructions
That’s it! If you own the 4.5 version, you’ll be delivered the 5.0, so the upgrade won’t cost you anything.
I did the upgrade last night, and while parts of it were confusing (for example, there’s a separate HUD for adding or removing tattoos), I did manage to muddle through it eventually.
Ultimately, if you’re using the Maitreya Lara body, you definitely owe it to yourself to do the upgrade. As your mother used to tell you, “You’ll thank me for this when you’re older.
There’s a new surprise hair sale in the Alli&Ali Designs Mainstore! There are 24 boxes of hair, and each holds 3 different hairstyles in 3 exclusive colors. 6 boxes are for men, and 18 for are for women.
You don’t have to be a maths genius to figure out that comes to a grand total of 72 different styles—which if listed here in all their details would probably put you to sleep. But here’s the thing: at only $L50 a box, why not take a chance? You already know that A&A makes the best hair in SL, so you’re not really risking anything.
I can guarantee that this is a sale like no other, and it only comes once a year, so don’t miss your chance!
But you’d better hurry, as the sale only lasts through the end of January!
That will bring up links to all the vendors in the Expo. Scroll down until you see Alli&Ali Designs, then click on the link to the right of it. This will take you to the shop, where you can buy Shiki, either in the full set of 256 colors for L$1200, or individual sets of 32 for L$250.
Even if you’re not interested in Shiki, go to the store anyway: there are several other styles and items available and, like Shiki, all proceeds from your purchases go to the RFL and subsequently to the American Cancer Society.
And my personal wish is for you, dear reader, to have a safe and happy holiday season, regardless of your belief system. And if you don’t celebrate the holidays, have a safe and happy season ayway!
I simply adore the Rose Goddess tattoo. It’s a beautiful design and quite colorful. It comes in four different designs, all variations on a theme.
There are HUDs for Maitreya, Slink, and Bellezza, as well as Omega. Each HUD offers you 4 different designs as well as 3 different layers to wear them on. Best of all, they also allow you to remove them, as well.
Did I mention there are also designs for your upper thighs as well? Sorry, but this girl’s a bit too shy to model them here!
A nice backless outfit sets the design off quite nicely: