After all, I am a woman, with needs and desires of her own. And this is where I sometimes go to fulfill them.
The Lesbian Teahouse is one such place. It’s always crowded, so it can take a long time for avi’s to fully rez, but it’s worth the wait. In fact, I once enjoyed a lovely relationship I had with someone I once met there. But that’s a story for another day.
The Lesbian Loft is another spot I like to visit. Besides being a great place to meet other women, I’ve often had some very nice existential conversations there. See? It isn’t always about sex…just mostly.
While this is primarily a place to learn about Second Life in general, it’s also another place to meet people. It’s in a G-rated sim, so you don’t have to worry about sex or drugs or rock ‘n roll. Well, maybe not the rock ‘n roll part. No swearing, either. It’s also where you can get many of your questions about the Firestorm Viewer answered.
Oh—not to mention the freebies! Be sure to grab the Garlic Necklace to ward off vampires! No, seriously! It will keep you from being approached by anyone playing the Bloodlines vampire simulation. Which I definitely do not play.
So that’s today’s update. I’ll be following up with more places to visit in my next post. Until then,
“It,” of course, is the latest upgrade to the Maitreya Lara body. the latest version of which is 5.0.2. In this post, I’m going to tell you everything I like about it, as well as what I don’t like about it.
What I Don’t Like About It
That’s easy: nothing. Absolutely nothing at all. So let’s move on, shall we?
What I Do Like About It
Wow! Where do I begin? Remember in previous versions how you had to add an alpha layer, then the body, then the arms and legs, etc. until you were finally wearing the complete body? That’s changed.
Now you add the alpha layer, and then the body. That’s it. You’re done. Everything else—clothes, tattoos, underwear, lingerie—all have their own layers. And unless you want to wear a tattoo, there’s no need to wear the layer, thus reducing your display weight.
Your skin tones are controlled through a new HUD, as are foot positions, fingernail settings, etc.
Another Something Great
Save sticks. No more worries about saving a particular outfit to, well, the Outfits folder. Find the Maitreya Mesh Body – Save Stick V5.0.1 (rez to rename) in the main Maitreya folder, drag it to the ground and edit the name to something easy to remember that has the name of whatever out fit you’re currently wearing, and take it back into your inventory.
Let’s say I’m wearing a yellow bikini. I’ll follow the steps above, renaming it “Yellow Bikini.” Then I’ll take it back into my inventory. The next step is to ADD it, then click on it:
(The arrow indicates the Save Stick.) Now all I have to do is click on the SAVE ALL button and wait for the process to complete. Then I’ll detach it, and it will return into my inventory.
The next time I want to wear that outfit again, I simply ADD the stick, touch it, and click the Load All button.
Best of all, the complete outfit only takes up a single prim (the Save Stick) in my inventory, as opposed to how many items in that outfit would take up the old way of saving it to the Outfits folder. Oh, and you can have as many save sticks as you need, since it’s copy-able.
Well, not exactly a new body. More of an update/upgrade of the existing one.
Maitreya has upgraded their Lara mesh body from Version 4.5 to Version 5, and it’s resulted in many changes. So many, in fact, that if you’re going to upgrade from 4.5, forget everything you know from that version; 5.o is radically different. Here’s what the official accompanying documentation says:
MAITREYA MESH BODY LARA
Thank you for choosing the Lara mesh body!
The Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara v5.0 is very versatile with many features to help you create your perfect version of “You”
To get the most from your new mesh body, it is highly recommended that you refer to the online documentation for the body.
You can find the documentation here https://sl-maitreya.blogspot.com/p/lara-mesh-body-v5.html
Or in your Lara HUD, in the Misc. tab, just touch HELP/INFO then click the link in the popup menu.
In addition to the online documentation, we are available in world to answer your questions (Contact: Gryphon Ronas) or use the Maitreya Lara Friends group chat.
Gryphon, Marine, Beau, Onyx
Included in the Lara mesh body folder:
– Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara (Version Number)
– Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara (Version Number) Tattoo Layer
– Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara (Version Number) Underwear Layer
– Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara (Version Number) Clothing Layer
– Maitreya Mesh Body – HUD (Version Number)
– Maitreya Mesh Body – BoM Add-On Parts
– Maitreya Mesh Body – BoM Add-On Parts HUD
– Maitreya Mesh Body – Save Stick
– erratic / lara – panty / FATPACK (maitreya)
– erratic / lara – brassiere / FATPACK (maitreya)
– erratic / lara – lingerie set HUD
– Maitreya Mesh Body Lara – Tattoo Layers Skins Glam Affair
– Zaara : Chanchal Lingerie onyx – Maitreya appliers
– Zaara : Chanchal Lingerie System Layers onyx
– Maitreya Tip-Toe FeetShape
– Maitreya Mesh Body – Alpha
The whole idea behind separating the design into multiple layers is to cut down on complexity.
Again, let’s refer to the upgrade notes:
What is added to Lara in V5:
* Two new nipple shapes: hard nipples and puffy.
* Two new foot options: low (for kitten heels) and ballet.
* And the added the ability to have a different foot shape for left and right side.
* Optional HD nipples, highly detailed, ultra realistic textures in 30 skin tones. * 3 material presets on the HUD for the HD Nipples, that can be controlled with the new enhanced materials control sliders.
* 12 new (Glam Affair) skin tones, making a total of 22 skin presets.
* Tattoo (system) layers for the 22 skin tones, to wear in BoM mode.
* Three skin material preset buttons on the HUD
* Three control sliders for the materials settings: Glossiness, intensity and environment.
* The skin materials will also work in BoM mode!
* Bakes on Mesh (BoM) button on the Lara HUD
* BoM add-on parts HUD you can toggle the following parts:
* Layers are separated from the body
* Ability to wear a tattoo on just one arm, hand or foot. 17 different parts on a layer to apply to.
* Rename-able Save Stick to replace save slots
– Additional alpha cuts added to wrists
– Additional alpha cuts added to ankles
* Advanced Functions button added to the Layers and the Skin tabs:
– Full Bright
– Tinting options and a tint reset button
– Material control sliders
* A Misc tab added:
– Redeliver button added
– TP to Store button added
– Delete Scripts redesigned
– Reset to Default button added
– Help/Info button added (Online User Manual)
Ability to apply Materials without applying diffuse (applier kit)
Applier kit to allow for 3rd party HD Nipple Textures
Foot Shape Auto-Select option for shoe designers
Alpha Auto-Hide has been re-designed for improved performance and can now:
be altered by user, even in No Mod items
be deleted by user, even in No Mod items
Optional parameters added to layers kit:
Applying and removing of textures when applier gets attached/detached (RLV friendly)
Updated Zaara texture (applier) lingerie and system layers for BoM are now also included
* Erratic (panties and bra) lingerie set
– Applying a V1 Applier script: fingernail polish would hide the toe nails = Fixed
– Some V4 appliers did not apply to the hands and/or feet (this came from how their notecards were written) = Fixed
– Some older appliers did not apply correctly (bottom would vanish when applying the top and vice-versa) = Fixed
– Some Omega skins did not apply to the hands and/or feet = Fixed
– Neck would not re-appear after hiding all, on alpha hud page = Fixed
– HUD buttons have been made larger for better readability
Sounds confusing, I know! But here’s the only thing you truly need to know about this upgrade:
Go to the Maitreya store
Find the Redelivery Terminal
Click on it for a redelivery
Follow the instructions
That’s it! If you own the 4.5 version, you’ll be delivered the 5.0, so the upgrade won’t cost you anything.
I did the upgrade last night, and while parts of it were confusing (for example, there’s a separate HUD for adding or removing tattoos), I did manage to muddle through it eventually.
Ultimately, if you’re using the Maitreya Lara body, you definitely owe it to yourself to do the upgrade. As your mother used to tell you, “You’ll thank me for this when you’re older.
In a lot of ways I try to keep my Second Life persona as close to my real-life self as possible. The other day I went to the eye doctor for my annual diabetes eye exam, and the results showed that I needed glasses! Not having the best insurance in the world (who does?), I chose a simple, plain pair.
Nothing fancy, as you can see.
But they do take some getting used to.
I keep setting them down and forgetting where I put them. And if you’re a glasses wearer you know the frustration of setting down your glasses, forgetting where you left them, then being unable to find them again because you need the damn things to see!
Now I know what my daddy used to go through when he’d take off his glasses and put them on top of his head (so he’d know where they were) and ten minutes later he’d be asking my mother, “Nancy, have you seen my glasses?”
Is this what Roger Daltrey had in mind when he sang, “Hope I die before I get old”?
Oh, well. I guess it’s time to see if Dorothy Parker knew what she was talking about when she wrote, “Men don’t make passes / At girls who wear glasses.”
Lush curls and swirls will make you the envy of all the other women at the gala!
It’s available in every color you see here for L$1200—or L$600 if you’re wearing your Alli&Ali group tag at the time of purchase.
Individual sets of 24 shades sell for L$250 each, or L$125 when you wear your group tag. And as of this writing, you can grab it in Sliver Blonde for L$50 from the specials board, or even free in Mixed Brown at the front desk!
Bella just might be my new favorite. Yes, I know I say that all the time, but it’s true: just when I think I’ve found the perfect style, the geniuses at Alli&Ali Designs Mainstore come up with something entirely new and I fall in love all over again.
This week it’s Bella.
The complete collection sells for L$1200, but as usual, if you wear your Alli&Ali group tag, it’s yours for only L$600. Individual sets of 24 colors—again, if you’re wearing your group tag—are $125.
Bella is an elegant style that makes me want to put on my finery and find a date for the theater and dinner afterwards. And by “theater,” I mean a play or the opera—and I don’t even like opera!
But as they love to say on television, “But wait! There’s more”
There’s a barrette that holds the braid in place in the back, and you have your choice of colors. And by choosing “invisible,” you can even hide it away from sight. That’s the “extra” in the headline.
Prizes: 1st prize: 2000 L$ & 2000L$ in Store gift cards
2nd – 10th prize: 500L$ store gift cards
& Mention in our Event Blog
The Rules & how it works:
There are two contests, and you can participate in one or both of them.
The rules for each contest are:
Picture name should be your SL avatar name, and put your blog/flickr or facebook link in the picture description (or in the flickr text below the picture if you participate on flickr only).
Pictures must be “General” rated. No adult or mature content.